It’s Christmas Eve and I have the perfect dish for you to make Christmas morning – Gingerbread Waffles with Sugared Cranberries. These might be my favorite waffle recipe ever. It is a little spicy and bursting with flavor. My niece might agree after taste testing them yesterday morning for me.
We blasted the Christmas carols and spent the morning baking Christmas Cookies together. We hid Chocolate Kisses inside our family Pecan Snowballs and tried Double Chocolate Cookies she loved to get when she goes to Subway. Such fun memories we are building.
The night before we took the kids to Fashion Island for our annual trip to see the tree and just have fun! They have a beautiful tree and big packages for the kids to climb on and sneak under the tree. We play with toys in the gadget stores and eat dessert. We torture ourselves by going into the Pet Store where our heart strings are tugged on when we see how long they have been there.
But back to these yummy Gingerbread Waffles. They are a little spicy and topped with whipped cream and sugared cranberries. Serve with warm maple syrup and a little powdered sugar for a beautiful and delicious start to your Christmas morning.
I hope you are your families are doing the same thing – enjoying time together. Time flies and each year I am reminded how fragile and precious life is. Thank you for supporting me and my passion for food. Most of all thank you for visiting my site and even booking a class. I wish you and your family a very, Merry Christmas!
Don’t forget you can give the gift of cooking this year and look for end of year specials on the new classes I will be offering.
Gingerbread Waffles with Sugared Cranberries Recipe
Gingerbread Waffles with Sugared Cranberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted, plus extra for brushing waffle iron
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Sugared cranberries
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, molasses, sugars, egg and butter in a bowl until combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just combined.
- Heat waffle iron to a middle heat. Brush waffle iron with melted butter or spray it lightly with a nonstick cooking spray. Ladle gingerbread batter into waffle iron until they’re about 3/4 filled out. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions.