Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces, and cut butter into dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and pour in the cream. Gently mix the dough together with a wooden spoon or your hands. Don’t overmix!
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll out to 1-inch thick.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and brush tops with heavy cream and sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until starting to brown on the top.
- Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle sugar over. Let them sit for a few minutes, or overnight in the refrigerator.