Weekend mornings are for baking. That seems to be the time I find myself playing in the kitchen. I had extra pumpkin puree I have been wanting to bake with and then I saw a version of these pancakes. That was it! This is a great dish to serve weekend guests. Plus, Maple Bourbon Pears - how can you go wrong. Bourbon has become a favorite to add to sauces and syrups!
My one word this year was Savor. Most of the year didn't feel like I was savoring life, but running through it. I am trying to savor the moments of this Christmas season. Take time for coffee with a friend or making gingerbread houses with my niece and nephews.
Weekends are the chance to catch your breath, relax and join together with friends. Soon I will be off to an Ornament Exchange and time with friends. What are you doing this weekend? Where ever life takes you take a moment, stop and be in the moment.
I hope you will try these and discover how delicious they are. Believe me when I say you will want extra Maple Bourbon Pears. They were so tasty!
- Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour, or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- ?½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ?2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple Bourbon Pear
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 shot bourbon
- To make the pancakes combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, spice and salt in a large bowl. Add the buttermilk, vanilla, pumpkin, eggs, and melted butter. Stir until they are just combined.
- Heat your skillet, pan, or griddle to medium-hot and brush it with a bit of butter. Test for the right temperature. Pour ⅓ of a cup of batter into the skillet. Wait until the pancake bottom is deep golden in color, top is bubbly and then flip with a spatula. Cook the other side until golden and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with Maple Bourbon Pears.
- Place butter in medium sized pan and melt. Add pears to the pan and sprnkle with the cinnamon. Let the pears soften, turn them over and coat well. Sprinkle with more cinnamon if needed. Add maple syrup and bourbon. Let bubble for a minute or two. Pour over pancakes.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g