Sometimes you just crave something crunchy and salty. This Radicchio Slaw with Peanut Dressing is for you! Salty, crunchy, and full of flavor this salad is light but packs a punch. A few weeks ago I had this amazing salad for lunch at Citrus City Grille in Old Towne Orange. Do you eat something and keep craving it for days to come? I kept thinking about it and decided it was time to make it.
Life seems like it is whizzing by. Do you feel that way? I just spent most of last week watching my niece and nephews. It was so much fun and filled my heart with gratitude. My daily routine looked much different as I rolled out of bed early to drive one to school and come back and then take two more. My brother has passed down his love for old rock to his kids so we rocked out to Journey and The Eagles as we made our way to school. When did school start at 7:30 in the morning?
The best line of the weekend? I asked my niece who was her favorite artist and she said “dead or alive?” When I said it didn’t matter she said “Donna Summers”. I love that girl!
But back to this salad. I switched it up a bit using radicchio, endive, snap peas, and red peppers. Then I topped it with mandarin oranges and cashews. The fun thing about this is you could use the leftovers to top off fish tacos or these Kung Pao Tacos for your Taco Tuesday.
What is on your playlist these days?Print
- 2 cups chopped radicchio
- 1 cup chopped endive (chopped)
- 6 scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup snap peas (cut in half)
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cashews
- 1/2 cup rough chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from one lime)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 2–1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 1– inch square piece fresh ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix together all the ingredients in blender or bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a bowl mix together the radicchio, endive, scallions, snap peas, cilantro and red pepper. Toss with dressing and top with oranges, and cashews.