Last weekend I had an idea that turned into a delicious lunch. Homemade blackberry jam spread across sliced of bread. Top with brie, jalapeno and bacon. This is one good grilled cheese.
It all started with homemade blackberry jam.
You start with sugar and blackberries.
Strain the berry mixture.
Place in a small saucepan and cook. Bring to a boil, stir in 1/2 cup blackberries and cook 10 minutes over medium heat.
What is your favorite grilled cheese? I’d love to hear!
Are you on Pinterest? I am and if you follow me I’ll follow you back. I pin photos of my food here and from Betty Crocker. I also use it for vision boards and ideas. What do you use it for? Look forward to see what you are pinning these days.
Blackberry Jam Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices french bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno diced
- 1 slice bacon crumbled
- Blackberry Jam see recipe below
- 1 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime
- Butter the bread on both sides.
- Spread the brie on one piece and the jam on the other. Sprinkle the bacon and jalapeno over the top and press together.
- Cook in a skilled over medium high heat. Turn until brown on both sides.
- Blackberry Jam
- Puree 1 cup berries with the sugar and strain. Place the strained berries in a small saucepan and add lime. Cook over high heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup blackberries and then lower heat to medium for another 10 minutes. Remove and let cool. The jam will thicken as it cools.