Go to meals are important to have in your back pocket. A well stocked pantry is important too. Together those make it easy to fix dinner. When Old El Paso® asked me to create a few recipes for them I immediately thought of making Chicken Enchilada Pizzas. They were so easy that I quickly pulled them together from my pantry last night.
Old El Paso Refried Beans is part of a well stocked pantry.
Shred a little chicken. I had two chicken breasts left over from a dinner earlier in the week.
I grabbed a few tortillas and placed them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Mix a little Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce in the bowl with the chicken and the spices.
Top the tortilla with Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans.
Top with red onions and tomatoes. I normally have fresh tomatoes but it was a busy week and the veggie bin was bare so I opened a can of fire roasted tomatoes. They were perfect for this dish.
Sprinkle the chicken around the top.
Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and top with olives and jalapenos.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes and finish off under the broiler until lightly browned.
If you like, top with avocado and serve a little salsa on the side. Or alot..just saying.
These Chicken Enchilada Pizza’s make a fun meal for the family. I think I will cook these for my niece and nephews tomorrow night.
If you make these post a picture over on Facebook. I’d love to see!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 can Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup of enchilada sauce
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, freshly grated
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place two tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Mix cumin, paprika and chili powder in enchilada sauce. Mix in bowl with the shredded chicken.
- Spread a layer of refried beans and top with onion and tomatoes. Top with chicken and cheese. Sprinkle with olives and jalapenos.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and avocado prior to serving.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g