This honey basil vinaigrette is everything. Basil, lemon, and honey make it a versatile salad dressing, dipping sauce, and much more.
This vinaigrette is on steady rotation in my kitchen, but this spring, I paired it with my Grilled Lemon Chicken Skewers. It was an amazing combination.
A very long time ago, my friend Tracy and I attended cooking classes at William Sonoma. One of the salads we made became a staple in my house. I have tweaked it a bit, and been using it ever since. The salad was a Mango and Red Onion Salad with a Honey Basil Vinaigrette. This salad is a super popular dish in my cooking classes. It is so versatile and can be used year-round.
Homemade salad dressings are easy to make and you can customize. It takes minutes to whip up a jar of your favorite dressing. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. I like less oil and more vinegar with a touch of brown sugar or honey.
The basil and honey created a fresh sauce that becomes a dipping sauce with the grilled chicken. Add a little rice or roasted potatoes and you have a satisfying dinner.
Tips for making Honey Basil Vinaigrette
- Use a blender or food processor to get a smooth consistency.
- Add the basil at the very end and just pulse.
- Make a day ahead
- Change the vinegar – try red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Cut the honey for a more savory dressing
- Add red pepper flakes for a little kick.
Each week I whip up a batch of this to use on salads or with grilled chicken and veggies. Make a salad with fresh corn and tomatoes or during the summer one with fresh peaches, goat cheese, and marcona almonds. The possibilities are endless.Print
Dress up your salads, grilled chicken, and pizzas with this Honey Basil Vinaigrette.
- 3/4 cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oi
- l1/4 cup + 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp fresh sweet basil (chopped)
- In a blender, add all ingredients except the basil. Process until smooth. Add sweet basil and pulse only until basil is blended into dressing. Pour into a jar or a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.