This fall I visited my friends who live in Simi Valley and we went on what is quick becoming an annal trip to Los Olivos wine tasting. We had beautiful weather and tasted great wines.
We attended a party at Foxen Winery which was really fun.
It is a great little sandwich and salad shop. You can walk around the little stores and then grab a sandwich and sit outside people watching.
The next morning my friend Tracy made this Cheesy Frittata. It is from the South Beach Diet and is super healthy but tasty! There really is no fat and is high in protein.
- 2 teaspoons Smart Balance butter spread
- ½ cup onion , sliced
- ½ cup red bell pepper , sliced
- ½ cup zucchini , sliced
- 2 small plum tomatoes , diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil , chopped
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute
- ½ cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ¾ ounce reduced-fat monterey jack cheese , shredded
- Coat an ovenproof 10" skillet with cooking spray and place over medium low heat until hot.
- Melt the Smart Balance in the skillet.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini and saute over medium-low heat until the vegetables are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until the flavors are blended, 2 - 3 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Preheat the broiler. In a blender, combine the egg substitute, cottage cheese, and milk. Process until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat until bottom is set and the top is still slightly wet, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil until the top is set, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until the cheese melts.