Today I am sharing a Baked Chocolate Peppermint Donut that is a fun way to start your holiday baking. Baked donuts are a fabulous alternative to store-bought ones. They are lower in calories but still big in flavor!
Betty Crocker’s new line of Hershey’s products make it easy to have these in the oven in less than 15 minutes. They are rich chocolate topped with their new Cookie Dough Frosting and crushed peppermints. When I was in college we would take hot chocolate and place a candy cane in it. It was the perfect winter combination.
This donut captures those flavors. Start by mixing together the cupcake mix with the buttermilk, egg and oil.
If you don’t have buttermilk, no worries, use regular of 2% milk.
Spoon or pipe the batter into the donut pans. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Let them cool for about 10 minutes and gently remove.
Now is the best part – time to eat!
This post was created in sponsorship with Betty Crocker.
Peppermint Chocolate DonutsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup Hershey’s Milk Chocolate dry cupcake mix
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 Hershey’s Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermints
- Place cupcake mix in bowl. Add buttermilk, oil and egg. Mix until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the pan. You can also place batter into a pastry bag or ziplock. Cut off the tip and pipe into the donut pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until doughnuts spring back when touched. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir frosting and water with spoon until smooth. Frost with Hershey’s Cookie Dough Frosting; sprinkle with cookie sprinkles and crushed peppermints.