Holidays are just around the corner which means cookie exchanges! I love a good cookie exchange.
I like having cookie recipes that are quick and easy. This week I was talking about Stress-Free Holidays and the number one question was what are your favorite easy appetizers and desserts? The holidays can be packed and we need a few go-to recipes to pull out when we need to! This Chocolate Cherry Blossom cookie fits that need. It is easy to make and a great recipe for the kids to help you make.
The secret ingredient is Pillsbury®Sugar Cookies.
Sugar Cookie dough. They make it easy to create holiday cookies to impress your guests. I took the sugar dough and added dry cherries, dark chocolate and almonds. A little sweet and little salty.
Olivia couldn’t wait to start our holiday baking. It is one of our favorite things to do together. We stand and talk while making our treats.
She started by unwrapped all the chocolates and lined them up to be placed on the cookies at the end. I unwrapped the dough and placed it in a bowl.
We added the dried cherries and she stirred them in to the dough.
She decided to let Chase joined in the fun by helping us roll the dough into balls and then into the almonds.
This is why I love to cook.
Bake them for 12 minutes or until the edges are browning and remove from oven. Push a chocolate in the middle of each cookie and let cool. That’s it. The kitchen is cleaned up while the cookies bake and all you have to do is package them up and go.
Pillsbury invited me to create a few new recipes using their cookie dough. Opinions 100% mine. To see recipes and be inspired by other bloggers visit the Pillsbury Holiday collection over at here.Print
Quick holiday cookie using Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
- 1 roll (18 oz Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds
- 24 Hershey’s® Kisses® Brand dark chocolates (unwrapped)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Mix together sugar cookie dough, flour, salt and vanilla. Stir in dried cherries.
- 3. Roll into small balls and roll into chopped almonds. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- 4. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes are until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and place a kiss on each cookie.