These little pecan pies have a buttery cream cheese dough. One bite pecan pies.
Christmas is almost here and I have sorely neglected this blog. Hopefully a week of Christmas cookie recipes might redeem me.
Each family has their traditions and their Christmas cookie favorites that are passed down from generation to generation. Once a year we all whip out the recipes and serve them up to our friends and family. It is fun to bake them with the next generation, sharing the stories of how they came to be and of the people who passed them on.
One of our family Christmas cookie favorites are the Pecan Tootsies. They are cream cheese doughy crusts filled with pecan filling. They mix up quickly and a few years ago I found this wooden tool that makes forming the mini crusts super easy.
I am not sure where they originated from but here is the recipe that has been passed down through my Grandmother Wells.
How to Make Pecan Tootsies
Combine flour, butter and cream cheese. Divid dough into little balls and place in mini muffin pan. Make a center in them to form a mini piece crust.
In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients together. Fill each with 1 teaspoon filling.
Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are browned slightly.
- Mini Muffin Tins – I use these in so many different ways. Mini muffins, mini cupcakes and even homemade Arbonne Almond Butter Cups.
- I have this little tool called a Tart Tamper. Dip in flour and then press down on the ball of dough to create uniform piecrusts.
I am not big on unnecessary kitchen tools, but this is so handy!
Pecan Tootsie Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp pecans finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, butter and cream cheese. Divid dough into little balls and place in mini muffin pan. Make a center in them to form a mini piece crust. Place in freezer for 10 -15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients together.
- Remove pans from freezer and place 1 teaspoon of filling in each.
- Bake for 30 minutes.