It is August 1st and I am going back to work after a lovely 4 month break. This weekend was the launch of AIK radio and thank you to all who tuned in. It has been a bit busy around here but one night last week I recreated my favorite chicken bowl from Chipotle!
I love the grilled chicken, layered over cilantro rice and topped with crisp salsa topped vegetables. It is healthy, quick and spicy, depending on the salsa you use. You can make it for your family and use mild salsa for the kids and spicier for the adults. You could add beans as an additional layer for even more nutritional value.
This week we have a new giveaway. You can enter to win a $25 gift certificate to the Tom Kat Studios and a copy of one of Cathe Laurie’s favorite books, The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer.
Sign up for my new Adventures In The Kitchen newsletter for one entry. For a second entry like my Facebook page and leave a comment here. Share “Check on the Tomkat Studio giveway and listen to Adventures In The Kitchen on KKLA 99.5” on twitter or Facebook for a third one and leave a comment.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pasilla pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- Mix oil and cumin with chicken breasts in a plastic bag. Marinade for at least one hour.
- Grill on a grill pan or barbecue. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a non stick pan over medium high heat add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes, add vegetables and cook until slightly charred but still firm. Toss with salsa.
- Layer the rice, chicken and vegetables in a bowl or on a plate.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g