Wait until you taste this Vanilla Bourbon Sauce. Oh my, is it good. I have been on a bit of a Bourbon kick. It’s funny because I don’t drink it, but love what it adds to certain recipes! A long time ago, I was a print buyer for Disney and would travel for press checks. In Louisville, Kentucky I was introduced to Maker’s Mark. I love the beautiful bottle dipped in a thick red seal.
Grilled peaches are always a summer favorite. Stone fruit and grilling are just a super easy but wonderful summer dessert. Cut them in half, pit them, brush with a little oil or melted butter and grill. Easy, right?
For this sauce you make the caramel and then add the cream and bourbon. Be careful when you add the cream into the sauce as it will sputter and spit! Store an extra, if that is possible, in the refrigerator and heat before serving!
- 4 peaches, halved with pit removed
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon, I used Maker's Mark
- Brush peaches with canola and cook on a non stick tray or wrapped in foil.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water; bring to a boil. Gently swirl the mixture in a circular mixture and allow it to build down until it is a deep amber color, around 10 minutes.
- Carefully whisk in the cream. It may sputter. Immediately whisk in the butter. Stir over low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in salt and bourbon, and whisk. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place two peaches in a small bowl, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle the Bourbon Caramel Sauce.
Serving Size:2 peach halves
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g