Our Grilled Asparagus with Romesco Sauce is a colorful and flavor packed side dish.
Summer grilling is in full swing. Our Grilled Asparagus recipe is served with a Spanish Romesco Sauce. You can blend up the sauce a day ahead of time and let the flavors blend. The recipe is below. Serve with some crispy bread to soak up the extra sauce.
June brought a few fun firsts at the cooking school.
We held our first Tweens & Teens camp. The kids amazed us with fierce knife and cooking skills.They tried new foods and went home with recipes to make for their family.
This week we are looking forward to our first Food Truck Mini Camp. Each day the teams will create a mini menu for their food truck. There are still a few spaces left - use code "Summerfun" for a 15% discount.
That same week we held our first Bachelor Chopped Competition. With three ingredients each team had to use, they jumped into the competition. Lot's of smack talking and laughing as they prepared their meal. Each team presented to the judges before sitting down to eat what they prepared. After enjoying dessert, they headed off to continue the party.
For more info call us or use our contact form. If you make the Grilled Asparagus take a picture and tag us on Instagram. We'd love to see them!
- 2 dried ancho chile soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup whole almonds, toasted
- ½ cup crustless sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 9 medium plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 5 lbs asparagus, ends trimmed off
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper
- Place all ingredients for the romesco sauce in a small bowl, along with 1 teaspoon of salt and a good grind of black pepper. Transfer to a food processor and blitz to form a paste. Place in a small plan and warm through just before serving.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil and add the asparagus. Blanch for 1-2 minutes, until a dente, then drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside to dry.
- Place a ridged grill pan over high heat. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt and grill for 1-2 minutes so both sides get scorched. Plate the asparagus, either on a bed of the romesco sauce or with the sauce on the side, and drizzle the balsamic mix over the asparagus. Wonderful served with grilled shrimp or chicken.
Recipe based on a recipe in NOPI cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g