Watermelon Jalapeno Feta Salad
The perfect summer dish – Watermelon Jalapeño Salad – healthy and oh so good!
School might be starting but hot weather still draws us outdoors. One of my summer favs is a Watermelon Jalapeño Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette. It is light and refreshing on warm days.
Cube the watermelon and cut the jicama in match sticks. Slice a red jalapeño, or omit if you do not like the heat! If you want, cube up a little salty feta cheese to toss in, before serving.
Watermelon Jalapeno Salad
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
This Watermelon Jalapeño Salad is topped with a Lime Vinaigrette and sprinkled with feta cheese.
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1 – 2 Red Jalapeno’s, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Jicama, thinly sliced in sticks
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Make Lime Honey Vinaigrette:
- Place ingredients in a mason jar and shake to blend, or stir in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place watermelon, jalapeños, jicama and mint in bowl. Stir in vinaigrette to coat and let sit in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Top with cheese before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0