This ice cream is amazing! We made it tonight in the class Intro To Culinary Arts class I am teaching. We roasted apricots that were brushed with honey and sprinkled with a little sugar. Then we topped it with Mascarpone Ice Cream..it was amazing!
Homemade ice cream in itself is decadent. I love the fresh flavors and being able to create custom flavors. With an early heat streak with temps in the 100’s cold ice cream seemed like the perfect remedy. My class loved it. Have I mentioned how much I am enjoying teaching this 10 part class? Really, my life changed overnight and I have been given the opportunity to do what I love every day. There were times it seemed I just needed to settle and take some job and give up on my dreams. Haven’t we all been there? The need to provide leads us to just keep going and our dreams can get buried deep within out heart. All it takes is a little water and it can be reborn, new life can come from it. So if you are in that place, where hope seems far off, where it seems everyone else is getting their dreams but you. Don’t lose heart.
Did I mention Lesley won the 2 seats in a class of her choice? So email me and we will get you booked!
For FB – Enter to win AdvintheKitchen Cooking Class & link to this blog entry.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup mascarpone, 7 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, 3 minutes. In a saucepan, combine the milk with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the sugar and bring to a simmer. Slowly beat the warm milk into the egg yolks at low speed. Scrape the custard into the saucepan. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, about 5 minutes; don't let the custard boil.
- Pour the custard into a bowl and whisk in the mascarpone, lemon juice and salt. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or until well chilled.
- Pour the custard into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the mascarpone ice cream to an airtight container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g