Farro is quickly becoming a favorite meal staple. You have to try this Sriracha Honey Chicken Bowl. It is a little sweet and a little spicy. Chicken, red peppers and onion coated in a Sriracha honey glaze on top of a bowl of farro.
When I am teaching team building classes I often eat my main meal at lunch. This Honey Sriracha Chicken with Farro gives me a great protein boost for the day.
My go to meals often include stirfry. I make a pot of rice early in the week and keep in refrigerator. Then I can stir fry chicken and a few veggies. Sometimes I sprinkle a few nuts on the top. At the end of the day you want something easy to make. If you prep the chicken and vegetables at the beginning of the week it is a 15 minute meal during the week.
Instead of brown rice I am using farro. I cook it with half chicken stock and half water with a teaspoon of salt. It is a great base for weeknight meals but feel free to use your favorite grain as the base.
To make the Honey Sriracha Sauce mix together equal parts of honey and sriracha with the juice of a lime. Isn’t that simple? Stir fry the chicken and then remove from the pan. Add the garlic and saute briefly before adding the red pepper. The chicken goes back in the pan and you add the sauce. Finish the dish with cilantro and green onions. I sprinkle a little low sodium soy sauce on the farro before topping with the chicken and sauce.
What is your go to weeknight meal? Have you tried farro yet? What do you think?
Honey Sriracha Chicken Bowl with FarroPrint Recipe
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or canola oil
- 2 boneless breasts of chicken diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions diced
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups farro cooked in 1 cup water & 1 cup chicken stock as directed on package
- Mix together sriracha, honey and lime.
- Heat oil into medium saucepan over medium hot. Add chicken and cook through. Remove onto a plate. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken back into pan and pour in the sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
- Place farro in bowls and top with chicken. Sprinkle cilantro and green onions on top; serve with limes if desired.
If you love the combo of honey and sriracha here are a few other ideas for dinner:
Honey Sriracha Chicken Foil Packets by Live Betty America
Baked Honey Sriracha Wings by Damn Delicious
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken by Foodie With Family