One of our most popular dishes at Adventures In The Kitchen Cooking School is our Coconut Lime Quinoa with Grilled Pineapple. Each bite will take you to a tropical beach. It is a fusion of delicious flavors and the perfect side to grilled chicken.
Quinoa is full of protein and a filling dish. You can make a batch at the beginning of the week and grab when needed.
This quinoa is flavored with coconut milk, lime, mint and cilantro. It is topped with grilled pineapple that you marinate in coconut milk and cream of coconut.
This chicken would be the perfect dish to serve on a bed of this quinoa.
Adventures In The Kitchen is hosting bridal showers, bachelorette parties and private birthday celebrations this spring and summer. We have three locations in Orange County and we are mobile. Host a class in the comfort of your own kitchen! For more info on our private parties or team buildings contact us.Print
- 1/2 pineapple (peeled cored & cut into strips for grilling)
- 2 teaspoons cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (rinsed well)
- 1 13.5– ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 5 fresh mint leaves (julienned)
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- Garnish: sweetened flaked coconut (toasted)
- Grill the pineapple until browned on both sides. When cool enough to handle, but the pineapple slices into 1/4 inch dice.
- In a small bowl combine the pineapple, ginger, cream of coconut and 1/4 cup of the coconut milk. Stir in the lime juice and mint leaves. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, salt, and water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is evaporated, 20–25 minutes. Stir in the grilled pineapple mixture and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.