A classic cookie is crunchy and buttery. The secret ingredient is Special K cereal.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups Special K cereal, crushed
- Crush the 3 cups of cereal to 2 cups.
- Stir together 1 cup of the crushed KELLOGG’S SPECIAL K cereal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Portion dough using rounded measuring teaspoon. Shape into balls. Roll in the remaining 1 cup crushed cereal. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, special k cereal,