Recipe for sweet and tangy German Pancakes similar to those at popular pancake houses.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy, you can also use rum, cointreau or amaretto
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted plus 2-3 tablespoons butter for serving
- Lemon, cut in wedges
- ?Powdered sugar
- Blend the eggs, milk, water, flour, sugar, vanilla, brandy and melted butter.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a non stick crepe pan over medium-high heat until hot. Wipe the pan lightly with butter, lift the pan from the heat, and pour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter for a 6-7 inch pan or about 1/4 cup for a 9-10 include pan, tilting and rotating the pan to coat the surface. Cook until almost dry on top and lightly browned on the edges, about 1 minute.
- Loosed the edges with a spatula and flip the crepe over using your fingers or the spatula, then cook the other side for about 15 seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding butter as needed and stacking the crepes.
- Roll the crepes up or fold in quarters. Drizzle butter over them, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 25
- Sodium: 123
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 91
Keywords: crepes, lemon, breakfast,