- 4 large Old El Paso® flour tortillas
- 2 boneless (skinless chicken breasts, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 packet Old El Paso® taco sauce
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (or more depending on your tastebuds)
- 1/2 large sweet onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Sour Cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl and whisk in your favorite BBQ sauce until combined. Stir in cayenne pepper and taco seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on low-medium. Add sliced onions with a pinch of salt, and let caramelize until soft and golden – about 10 minutes. Remove onions from pan. Add chicken and cook until brown on each side and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 the sauce to the pan and stir until covered.
- Spray a 9-inch round pan with canola and place one tortilla on the bottom. Brush with sauce and top with 1/3 chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and top with another.
- Pour a drizzle of enchilada/BBQ sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Take each tortilla and fill it with 1/2 + of chicken mixture. Top with another and repeat 2 times. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 15 minutes or until top is lightly brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream.