- Skinny African Peanut Soup (Good Stuff exclusive)
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 3 – 4 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low fat peanut butter (preferably natural)
- 1 lb. cooked chicken chopped or shredded into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup scallions (thinly sliced on the bias)
- 1 large handful cilantro (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons chopped peanuts (optional)
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add canola oil and sauce onion until soft. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add curry powder, cayenne, and coriander and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes and little more salt. Stir together and simmer for 30 minutes, keeping the soup below a boil.
- Put 1 cup of soup and the peanut butter in a blender and puree. Add back into the soup, stir and add chopped chicken sliced scallions to the soup. When ready to serve, remove from the heat. Ladle into bowls and top each with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup