Shrimp Scampi with Beer
Mexican beer, lime and cilantro give a fresh and delicious spin on shrimp scampi that can be on the table in just 20 minutes.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb uncooked medium shrimp thawed if frozen, peeled, deveined (tail shells removed)
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 medium green onions finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Red pepper sauce if desired
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
In 10-inch skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add shrimp; cook and stir 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
Add onions, beer, lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently until shrimp are pink (do not overcook). Season to taste with red pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.