Recipe for a Gluten-free, dairy-free classic sugar cookie for Christmas.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup 100 % maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 recipe Vegan Buttercream
- Place ingredients in a food processor. Combine the ingredients into a dough. The dough will be slightly clumpy, so do not fret if the dough doesn’t look like traditional cookie dough.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll out the dough. During this stage, the dough will join together. Place the parchment paper with rolled out dough in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to firm up. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into shapes.
- Carefully transfer cutouts to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper using a spatula. Place cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until barely golden brown at the edges. Cool completely, and decorate with icing.
I used the Sweet Laurel Bakery Classic Sugar Cookie recipe with a few modifications, including changing the frosting.
If the dough gets too soft, place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 51
- Sodium: 54
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 58
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Gluten Dairy Free Sugar Christmas Cookies, paleo