Vegan buttercream frosting using coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk of coconut milk (or other nut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream the coconut butter until smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes, with a hand blender on high speed.
- Add half the confectioner’s sugar, half the milk, and all the vanilla and lemon juice. Combine on medium speed with the hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Blend in the remaining confectioner’s sugar in 1/4 cup increments, until you get the desired results. Blend in more milk to thin out, as necessary.
- Divide into bowls, color and frost.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: cookies, desserts, frosting, vegan