These vegetarian roasted sweet potato tacos are made with zesty sweet potatoes, red peppers, poblano peppers, shallots and your choice of toppings. See the notes above for possible ingredient variations.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes (also peeled, if desired)
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chile lime seasoning
- fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 12 small corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges and/or chipotle lime crema (see below)
- Make the roasted sweet potatoes. Heat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, peppers and shallots with the oil, taco seasoning, and a pinch of salt and black pepper until combined. Spread the vegetables out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes — flipping once halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- (Optional) Make the lime crema. Whisk the crema ingredients (see below) together until combined.
- Assemble the tacos. Once everything is cooked and ready to go, fill each tortilla with a sweet potatoes, red and poblano peppers, shallots, and any of your desired toppings.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Lime crema instructions: Whisk together 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon of adobe sauce from can of chipotle chiles, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and a pinch of salt.
Storage instructions: Any leftover ingredients can be refrigerated in food storage containers for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: tacos, taco tuesday, vegetarian, gluten free,