Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts
Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts topped with creamy frosting and brightly colored fresh fruit.
Looking for a easy but fresh dessert to serve this summer? Make a batch of these sugar cookie fruit tarts. I first made these for a fundraiser for my nephews school last year. They liked them so much that I made another batch for their first Alumni Art Show. They make a beautiful dessert platter.
Of course, cookie dough makes the base for these Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts. I prefer to make my favorite sugar cookie dough but you could easily bake up a batch of pre-made Cookie Dough cookies. Whip up a batch of cream cheese frosting and top with seasonal fruit. For this batch I used a mix of slices peaches, raspberries and blueberries. Strawberries and blackberries would be tasty too!
I added lime zest to the cookies and lime juice to the frosting for a little flavor. You could substitute lemon or orange if you want to vary the flavor. It is very subtle.
To make ahead, bake the cookies and cool. Whip up the frosting and refrigerate. Remove 1/2 hour before to make spread the frosting easier. Finally, place the fruit as close to serving as possible to avoid juice bleeding into the frosting.Print
Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
A buttery cookie forms the base for mini light fruit tarts.
- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 package, 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Line with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese frosting. Top with fresh berries.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
Keywords: cookies, tart, fruit, dessert