Stuffed Mini Peppers
These Stuffed Mini Peppers are little bites of heaven. Little peppers stuffed with cheese and topped with a Parmesan Panko topping. Yum! If you are looking for a new idea, try these little gems. The day I made these several quickly disappeared at lunch. I couldn’t resist.
Now, I have a little favor to ask my local Southern California readers. I am considering offering cooking classes and would love a little input from you. There are only a few questions and would be helpful for me in planning. You can take it here.
They are a cousin to my all time favorite, the jalapeno popper. These mini peppers are more appealing to those people who fear the heat of the jalapeno. Most large grocery store chains sell bags of these colorful mini peppers.
Start by halving and removing the seeds of the peppers. Mix together the cheese mixture. If you are not a fan a goat cheese, double the cream cheese or substitute for your favorite cheese. I use low-fat cream cheese to cut the calorie but use regular cream cheese. It’s that kind of recipe.
Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together with the olive oil. I love the crunch of Panko breadcrumbs.
Fill the peppers and top with the bread crumb mixture. Bake for 20 minutes and they are read to serve.
If you want to make ahead you could stuff the peppers with the cheese mix, cover and refrigerate. Top with bread crumbs just prior to baking.
I am thinking these would be a good Super Bowl Sunday treat. What is on your menu for the big game?
Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch red chile pepper flakes
- 10 mini peppers, halved with seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, shallot, salt, pepper and chile pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and olive oil.
- Fill each pepper halve with a spoonful of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until crumbs are browned.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g