With spring comes the desire to eat healthier and maybe for some, eat a bit less. Combining those desires with the urge to save on my lunches, I decided to make up a salad to bring for work this week.
If you’re planning on taking this for lunch place the red onion in a baggie and top right before you eat. This keeps the onion from overpowering the salad.
Cheri’s Spring Salad
Spring Salad with Raspberries, Dates & Goat Cheese
- 1 bag of spring mix salad
- 1 container of raspberries
- 6 dates pitted and chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- Heat a small pan and place walnuts in the pan. Start to toast the walnuts over med high heat and sprinkle the sugar over the walnuts. Shake the pan and cook until the sugar melts. Be careful to not burn the walnuts. Pour onto parchment paper and cool. Chop the nuts.
- Place the salad into a bowl. Top with red onions, raspberries, dates and goat cheese. Top with the chopped walnuts. Toss with balsamic dressing.