This spring we have hosted several bridal shower cooking parties. Our private cooking classes make the perfect backdrop to celebrate an upcoming wedding. The kitchen is filled with the bridal party, mothers of the bride and groom, grandmothers and extended family cooking up a storm.
At our last shower several of the groups made a Peach Raspberry Buttermilk Cake which might be my new fav snack cake. It is a simple cake featuring fresh peaches and raspberries. It would be great for a casual dinner or Sunday brunch. Peaches are at our local farmers markets right now and are so good! It is hard to restrain and not overbuy.
If you are planning a bridal shower or special celebration, consider celebrating with us. We would love to help you create a memorable event.
Ok, now back to making cake. Whip up the ingredients to make the cake batter.
Place batter in cake pan and place sliced peaches in a circular design. Add raspberries around the edge and in the center.
Sprinkle the top with raw sugar for a crunch finish!
Bake and let cool slightly before grabbing that slice!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, or you can use regular milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 peaches, peeled and pitted, sliced into thin slices
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 or 10 inch cake pan. You can also use a springform pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and one cup of sugar until creamy. Stir in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined. Gently mix in flour mixture until just combined. Spread batter in prepared cake pan. Arrange peaches on top of cake batter, and place raspberries around the slices. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325 and bake for another 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve with fresh whipped cream
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g