This weekend seemed to go by in a blur. On Saturday we raised over $2300 at the National Food Blogger Bake Sale. Raising money to end childhood hunger, the bake sale was part of Share Our Strengths Great American Bake Sale. The Los Angeles salewas held at BLD restaurant and the place was jam packed with people eager to buy the goodies.
I had the chance to meet other local food bloggers. There were chocolates by La Fuji Mama and Anzac cookies by A Communal Table. Gaby made Salted Chocolate Cookies and Matt brought a cherry pie. I had the opportunity to meet Amy, one of the owners of BLD and had lunch there with a friend. It is a quite the breakfast and brunch spot. I was drooling over the blueberry ricotta pancakes half the tables seemed to have ordered. She also served a french toast stuffed with bacon, cream cheese and topped with maple syrup. Oh my.
Today I made one of my favorite quick lunches. I first made this for my friend Ann’s birthday barbecue. The sweet mango and creamy goat cheese are great with the subdued heat of the jalapenos and onions. These are even better cooked on the grill.
What did you cook this weekend? Did you try a new restaurant? Please share with us!
Mango Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Total time: 15 minutes Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 8 tortillas
- In a small saucepan saute onion and jalapeno until softened.
- Spread 4 tortillas with the preserves and then the goat cheese. Place the sliced mangos around the tortilla and sprinkle the onions and jalapeno across the tortilla. Top each with a tortilla.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium non stick skillet, over medium high heat. Place one of the quesadillas in the pan and brown on both sides.
- Remove from skillet, cut into fours and serve with the Mango Salsa.
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 10 minutes Yield: 3/4 cupIngredients
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.