Adventures In The Kitchen is seeking professional, charismatic chefs with dynamic presentation skills to lead events. Our chefs are service-oriented leaders and excellent cooks. At events, our chefs provide a lively cooking demonstration, facilitate group cooking, lead chopped style competitions, plate and serve food, and clean-up the kitchen.
The key responsibilities for a Chef Instructor are:
- Orchestrate and oversee culinary team building events and private parties. Time management and an ability to work quickly are essential.
- Manage all the on-site details of the event – from ingredients and scaling to equipment planning.
- Manage the relationship with the customer at event.
- Direct the culinary assistants, and dishwashers at the event.
- Deliver a 20 minute cooking demonstration outlining cooking tips and tricks to inspire the audience.
- Create an inviting party ambience where guests learn in a fun, and social environment.
- Ensure the food taste, presentation and service is high quality.
- Market the company for future business and general good will by engaging guests.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback to office and onsite staff.
Candidates expected to have two years of professional culinary experience – catering or in a restaurant – with an emphasis on savory cooking. Experience in culinary instruction or service preferred.
Candidates need to be available for four to six events per month and able to secure transportation to events on their own. Events scheduled regularly Monday through Friday and occasionally on weekends.
Must be able to lift up 25-40 pounds.
Must hold CA Food Handlers Certificate.
To apply, submit your resume to [email protected].