Our grilled farmer’s market pasta is created with colorful grill vegetables tossed with pasta and a simple parmesan vinaigrette.
This weekend we celebrate Labor Day. Celebrate with this Grilled Farmer’s Market Pasta. This pasta is filled with grilled fresh veggies, fresh herbs, and a Parmesan Vinaigrette. Growing up Labor Day represented the last hurrah of summer.
This time of year we have the last of the fresh tomatoes and all the yummy summer vegetables. Use what you have on hand, grill them and toss them with the pasta. It’s important to have dishes that are versatile and you change up with what is on hand, because who wants to have to run out to the store at the end of the day.
I made this before I embarked on my Arbonne 30 day healthy living challenge. This week I am going to share more about that journey but for 30 days you eliminate sugar, gluten, and dairy. To make this 30 day healthy I would make the following substitutes:
- Use brown rice pasta
- Serve with a lemon vinaigrette
- Leave out cheese and corn
Farmer’s Market PastaPrint Recipe
- 1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes halved
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 8 ounce package penne pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil torn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- Toss together the tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, corn, scallions, and vinaigrette in a large bowl, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Add the hot cooked pasta and chicken to the tomato mixtures. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with basil and cilantro
- Place the Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, garlic pepper, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the basil and cilantro and pulse 3-4 times.