Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Brownie
I recently made these Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Brownies to bring to a friend and his family.
Right after Christmas Abbey was sick and then diagnosed with a two brain tumor’s. My heart broke for them when I read the email. She is in 8th grade and goes to my nephews school. I have worked with Ken over the years through the non-profit I worked for. They are a family who has given greatly to our community. he oversees the Care and Recovery ministry at Friends Church of Yorba Linda.
Abbey has been so brave and is such a sweet girl. I see her at my nephew’s game’s sometimes. We are praying for her and the family as she starts her chemo and radiation treatments this week. As a Christian, I believe in the power of prayer. There are many things we will not understand here on earth but we can lean our God in our times of trouble. Her dad posted this verse on his FB page “In the multitude of my anxieties within me. Your comforts delight my soul. –Psalm 94:19 (NKJV)
Watching people you care about walk through times of trials makes you feel so helpless. Signing up for meals was a small thing I could do to free them up to focus on what really matters. Meal Train makes it super easy. You can sign up for dates and see what other people are making.
I wanted to make something special so after being inspired by Recipe Girl’s Chocolate Cookie Dough Brownies I decided to create one with dark chocolate. They were rich and decadent. I couldn’t pack them up quick enough to avoid the temptation.
They were a big hit and I think another batch needs to be made and delivered to them soon.Print
Cookie Dough Brownie
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
These dark chocolate brownies topped with a cookie dough frosting will disappear. They are that good,
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate chip
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-by-8-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang on two sides.
- To make the brownies, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until smooth, then remove from heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture has cooled slightly. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Using a large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture into chocolate mixture until just incorporated. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in milk and vanilla. Add flour and salt and stir until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Gently spread dough onto cooled brownies, smoothing the top into an even layer.