This recipe is perfect for fall or winter when you’re craving something warm and comforting. It’s also great as a healthy alternative to traditional Thanksgiving dinner recipes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 large butternut squash (peeled and cut in chunks)
- 1 large pear (peeled and cut in chunks)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. line a pan with parchment sheet. Place butternut squash on pan. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Place pear chunks on a small baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes,
- Place 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large pot. Heat medium-high and add onions and curry powder. Cook until tender. Add roasted pears and butternut squash to pan and stir.
- Pour in water and cider, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender or place in a food processor to blend.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 97