Grilled chicken topped with fresh bruschetta when tomatoes are in season is the best!
This weekend might be the first weekend of fall but tomatoes are still finishing their season. Bruschetta Chicken is one of my summer favorites and a yummy way to use up all those tomatoes.
I love bruschetta, the simple, fresh flavors of tomatoes and garlic served on crispy grilled bread. This is a lighter, healthier way to enjoy the same fresh flavors. I have used grape, Roma or heirloom tomatoes in this dish.
First of all, many of you are thinking, hasn’t it been a while since you posted here, you are right. After 6 1/2 years of running Adventures In The Kitchen as a culinary team building company, I am back to my roots writing and cooking, gathering people around the table.
I want to have a conversation about sharing the table in all seasons of life. I confess I am guilty of letting this slide. For that reason, I am getting ready to open the doors and gather people around my table. Whether you are a young mom with kids, an empty nester, or single there are plenty of great reasons to love on people, build relationships, and mentor the next generation.
Hopefully, you will stay around, try this Bruschetta Chicken and share it with someone you love. I look forward to engaging with you here and at my two other homes on Instagram and Facebook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- For Bruschetta: Mix together ingredients in a bowl and let sit 10 minutes. (This can be prepared up to one day ahead.)
- Brush grill pan with olive oil. Heat pan to medium high
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- To serve top each breast with a tablespoon of pesto and top with bruschetta. Serve immediately.