I started my Christmas cookie baking the other night. Sadly, I had a bit of a mishap and lost a tray of them to the floor, right out of the oven. My dog was happy! These cookies are the bomb if I do say so. I was inspired by one of my fellow Betty Crocker bloggers, Sugar, from Cooking With Sugar‘s, Browned Butter Pecan Balls.
We have a family recipe that was similar so I thought I would try our recipe with browned butter and added the dried cherries. The results were a nutty buttery cookie. The powdered sugar provides a melt in your mouth texture.
Alicia McKeown is the winner of the cookbook. Please email me with your address and the cookbook you would like.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar - reserve 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter. Cook over medium heat until the butter turn a deep brown.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl add the butter, pecans, cherries, sugar and vanilla; beat well. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 inch size balls, place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a non stick cooking mat.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and cool 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl. Roll the cookies in the powdered sugar and then on a rack to cool.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g