Spend a weekend in Waco, Texas home to Baylor University and all things Magnolia.
People visit Waco for several reasons. For me, it was my nephew attending Baylor but for most it's all things Magnolia. An hour or so from either Dallas or Austin, it is a great weekend away.
- Springhill Suites
- Hotel Indigo - Set in the warehouse district, this upmarket, modern hotel lies 8 minutes' walk from the Baylor University campus and a 12-minute walk from Waco Convention Center.
- Magnolia Table - Delicious breakfasts and killer scones. Expect a wait!
- Dichotomy - this is a coffee shop that serves cocktails in the evening. Fun deck with a beautiful view.
- Milo All Day - Southern comfort food.
- Heritage Creamery - Local, hand-crafted ice cream shop located in Waco, Texas near Baylor University campus Best ice cream in Waco per my nephew!
- Magnolia Press - a beautiful coffee shop that is also a great study spot of Baylor students. Delicious coffee drinks.
- Torchy's Tacos - everyone tells you to go to Torchy's!
- Our Breakfast Place - a favorite with the college kids.
- Magnolia Market - there is the Market, Bakery, the Silos, and gardens.
- The Findery - 3 shops in one with home decor, apparel and they even offer paint workshops.
Things to Do
- Cameron Park - one of the largest municipal parks in Texas, and it's where Waco celebrates life! Located close to the downtown and the Brazos River, the park is an oasis with towering trees, two rivers, breathtaking cliffs, and a National Recreation Trail system.
- Baylor University - Beautiful campus and you can see the Baylor Bears!
- Dr. Pepper Museum
- Waco Tours - The Classic Tour shows you all the tv highlights while the River Cruise takes you down the Brazos River.