Start your day with these Arbonne banana protein pancakes layered with caramelized bananas.
My normal breakfast is a protein shake but sometimes I like to mix it up and make Banana Protein Pancakes. On a cold morning, you want to eat something warm. They are gluten-free, sweetened with bananas, and fueled with my favorite protein.
Banana pancakes are a childhood favorite. I have fond memories of my great grandmother, Nana Wells, making these for me. She would add sliced bananas to them after pouring the batter into the skillet. When you flip them over, the bananas carmelize and taste incredible!
I remember one ordering banana pancakes out at a restaurant and was surprised when they only had a few fresh slices of bananas on the top. I don’t think I ever ordered them out again! The caramelized bananas add so much!
Difference between protein powders
Protein powders are nutrient-dense and a great way to get a concentrated amount of protein in your diet. But not all protein powders are the same.
I have used Arbonne protein powder for years. I used the vanilla protein for this but have also used Pumpkin Spice for pancakes. I love that the protein powder is a pea protein. It is derived from peas, rice, and cranberries for optimum digestibility and satiety. It is clinically tested and certified to have a lower glycemic index, which means it tastes great and won’t cause a spike in blood sugar.
Whey protein is a by product of cheesemaking and therefore has lactose. Some find that using whey protein lends to digestive issues.
How to make protein pancakes?
To make protein pancakes, just…
- Add all the ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Heat a griddle or a frying pan and add coconut oil
- Pour the blended mixture into the pan, about 1/4 cup per pancake
- Add sliced bananas to the pancakes
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until the edges start to harden
- Carefully flip the pancake over, and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other
I like to add a tablespoon or two of almond flour or gluten-free flour. You don’t have to but I find it makes them a little less fragile and able to hold up the slices of bananas.
That’s it! Now you have delicious, easy, and healthy protein pancakes to enjoy!
Looking for additional support with your nutrition goals? Message me today to go over your goals! I would love to help you achieve your goals!!
Banana Protein Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons Arbonne Protein Powder Vanilla flavor
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Arbonne fiber powder
- 1 very ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 Tsp Coconut oil
- 1 banana sliced
- Mash the banana in a bowl. Add milk to egg yolks
- Add the banana, protein powder, almond flour, and baking powder to the egg yolks and beat with mixer until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil on a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet, add slices of bananas and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Carefully flip over with a spatula and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute gluten-free flour for the almond flour.
- Add more milk if the batter is too thick.
Check out these Banana Recipes:
I am an Arbonne Independent Consultant. Sharing is caring; when you purchase Arbonne through my site links, I get an affiliate commission, which helps me buy more of my faves and keep sharing them with you.