These pumpkin spice latte donuts have all the flavors of your favorite fall drink – pumpkin spice, fresh pumpkin, espresso, cream, and maple syrup.
Have you noticed how each year Starbucks sneaks in Pumpkin Spice Latte a bit earlier? This year was no exception! Seeing their return inspired me to create these Pumpkin Spice Latte donuts. They are baked which makes them a little healthier and delicious. The donut is a baked pumpkin spice made with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and topped with a simple maple cream glaze infused with a shot of espresso.
- All-purpose flour
- Pumpkin spice mix
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
- Canola oil
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin purée
- Whole milk
Whisk together flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking powder.
Mix together pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, milk, vanilla, and espresso.
Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
Mix together dry and wet ingredients.
Whisk together until the batter is smooth and pour into a piping bag, fitting with a round tip.
Pipe the batter into the doughnut pan.
Bake the doughnuts at 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the doughnuts comes out clean and edges slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
Make the glaze by mixing the confectioners sugar, cream and vanilla together until smooth.
Set up a rack and then gently dip the cooled donut into the glaze. Set on the rack to set.
This is the best part, you get to taste your freshly baked Pumpkin Spice Latte Donut. What do you think?Print
This baked donut is a filled with the flavors of a pumpkin spice latte.
For the Pumpkin Spice Latte Donut
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp espresso
For the glaze
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- Heat over to 375 degrees. Coat two doughnut pans with Softened butter or non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl whisk together the canola oil, eggs, vanilla extract, espresso and pumpkin puree until just combined. Whisk in dry ingredients.
- Fill a piping bag with the batter and pipe it into the doughnut pan until each cavity is about 2/3 full.
- Bake the doughnuts at 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the doughnuts comes out clean and edges slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool
- While they are cooling, mix confectioners sugar, cream and vanilla together until smooth.
- Working one at a time, dip the top half of each cooled doughnut into the vanilla glaze.
Keywords: donuts, pumpkin spice latte