Is hosting a dinner party on your list for 2019? It should be and so should this Arugula Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette. It is a warm and savory start to your meal. I was sent a copy of The Southern Living Party Cookbook: A Modern Guide to Gathering and this salad caught my eye.
I am definitely hosting more gatherings and dinner parties this year. Even if you don’t love the process of planning and cooking, I know you will love the feeling of being gathered around the table with friends and family. There is nothing better!
This is one of my 2019 goals. I hosted a few parties last year including a cookie decorating party with some of my young adult small group leaders. We had fun decorating and talking about life. We shared Chicken Tortilla Soup and laughed a lot.
I ended the year cooking a simple risotto and salad for a friend as we welcomed 2019. I love the mix of the peppery arugula with the creamy goat cheese and warm bacon vinaigrette. Sliced pears would be a nice addition!
The cookbook is beautifully shot and filled with party menus like Tailgate, Summer Nights, Sip and See and a Bridal Tea. This is an update of the
A few of the recipes I am going to try include:
- Long Stemmed Strawberries with Lemon Curd Dip
- Grilled Romaine with Charred Lemon Feta Vinaigrette
- Cheese straw Tomato Tartlets
The book is filled with fun tips to help you rock your next gathering!
Arugula Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- bacon slices
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 5-oz. package arugula or mixed greens
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon. Sauté shallot in drippings 2 minutes or just until tender.
- Transfer shallot and drippings to a small bowl. Whisk in oil and next 3 ingredients. Toss arugula with vinaigrette on a platter. Top with goat cheese and bacon.