Stuffed peppers are my favorite Meatless Monday dish. This Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Pepper has hatch chilies and corn, topped with goat cheese. I love stuffed peppers because if you are only cooking for one or two, they make great leftovers. Cook once and have one or two more meals, ready to heat up after a busy day!
Hatch chiles are so yummy! You can only get them for a short season each year but they freeze beautifully so you can roast up a bunch and stock up for the year. Melissa’s Produce did a huge on-site roasting at my local Smart and Final a few weeks ago. It was delish!
Looking for other hatch chile recipes? Try my Twice Baked Potatoes and Hatch Chile Potato Casserole. This is one of my go-to corn dishes. What are you favorite Hatch chile recipes? Leave in the comments below, I’d love to hear!
- 1 hatch chile, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add chiles and red onion, cook until slightly softened. Add garlic and corn and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Place in medium bowl. Add lime juice, oregano, cumin, chile flakes, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cooked quinoa; toss.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut each bell pepper in half; remove seeds and membranes (leave stem on, if desired). Fill pepper halves with quinoa mixture; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until peppers are tender and stuffing is hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g