With Thanksgiving being late this year, holiday baking is already in full swing. These Red Velvet Cookie Bars are one of my new favorites this year.
Bars are a great way to make a dessert in a hurry. Press the dough in, bake and frost. Cut in squares and you have a dessert in half an hour. We need recipes like these for those moments when life is full and time is short!
To make Red Velvet Cookie Bars start by mixing together Pillsbury sugar cookie dough with the flour, buttermilk and a few drops of red food coloring. Press the dough into a 9×9 square and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
While the bars are cooling mix the frosting. If you are in a hurry grab a container of Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese frosting.
I added a mix of red sanding sugar and green sprinkles. They give it a festive finish.
For more cookie and holiday baking inspiration visit The Pillsbury Holiday Collection on Serious Eats. You can enter to win a giveaway!
- 1 roll, 18 oz Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 - 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 -2 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Red and green sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8” square with parchment paper.
- Mix together sugar cookie dough, flour and buttermilk in a large bowl. Stir in red food coloring.
- Press dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes are until edges start to brown. Remove from oven.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable. Frost cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
*I partnered with Pillsbury to create several recipes using their Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookie Dough. All opinions are 100% all mine!