UPDATE – Contest extended until Friday, March 9. For many of my readers the thought of popsicles this early might seem crazy but here it’s was 80 degrees this week. I thought I’d tease you with a hint of what is to come as we get closer to spring. These are Strawberry Honey Popsicles that are Lactose Free thanks to Yoplait’s new line of lactose yogurts.
How great is that? New Yoplait® Lactose Free yogurt comes in four flavors: Strawberry; Peach; French Vanilla; Cherry. I borrowed my aunt’s popsicle Zoku Quick Pop maker so that I could see if I liked it. It makes them so quickly – which is a huge benefit when working with kids. I had a few trial and errors on removing them. I screwed the top down too tight causing cracks in the popsicles. Overall I was very happy with it and am already dreaming up a few new recipes.
The Zoku maker has to be frozen overnight prior to use. It needs to be solid. If you hear sloshing noises it needs to freeze for longer. Right before you serve you place the stick holders into the molds. (I didn’t get a picture of the maker, this is when I tried it in my regular molds)
To make them, I mixed the ingredients together and then poured into the molds. I waited and then put the
Wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
To enter to win the Zoku pop maker leave a comment on our Facebook page sharing what popsicle you would make with the Zoku if you win. For additional entries you can do the following:
- Follow Adventures In The Kitchen on twitter
- Leave a comment below sharing your favorite childhood popsicle you’d like to see me recreate
- Tweet about the contest and leave a comment here
Contest ends Friday, March 9, 2012.
- 2 6 oz containers Yoplait Lactose Free
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into popsicle molds or paper cups and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze 6 popsicles
- Substitute agave sweetener for the honey, if desired.
- Run under warm water to remove the popsicle from the mold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g