I had a craving for Buffalo Wing something so I started looking around for inspiration. I saw this and then this and decided to give it a try. I made Buffalo Chicken Nachos for Two. Of course, you can upsize for a crowd with the Super Bowl this coming weekend.
In my college days we would go to TGIFriday’s and eat chicken wings along with other not super healthy food. I don’t have chicken wings very often these days but had a surplus of shredded chicken. It seemed like a good idea. It is a nice snack or light meal.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Looking at these pictures I think it’s time I get a new pan!
Then add the hot sauce. I used Frank’s Red Hot Wings Sauce.
Mix together to create the sauce.
Layer the chips. One of the recipes used Ranch tortilla chips but I used the regular chips I had in my pantry.
Place in the oven for a few minutes and dig in. Serve Ranch on the side. They really do capture the flavors of hot wings onto nachos.
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese crumbles
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add hot sauce and chicken. Stir and let heat for 1-2 minutes. Add in half the bleu cheese and stir.
- Place 1 cup tortilla chips across the pan you are going to use to bake in and sprinkle half the cheddar cheese. Add half the chicken mixture and top with half the celery. Repeat. Top with remaining bleu cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve with ranch dressing on the side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g