Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were filled with special times with family and friends.
By New Year’s day I am ready for healthy food. The sweets and rich food, even when you try to watch it, can get the best of you. I find my body starts craving healthy and fresh.
Today, I made Baked Coconut Chicken with a Sweet and Spicy Orange Sauce. It is super easy to make and I think it a dish the kids will like too. Sorry about the not so great photo! These can be a meal or an appetizer at a party. For an appetizer I would cut into smaller pieces. They have 6 points on Weight Watchers Points Plus 2012.
You start by mixing the corn flakes, coconut and panko together in a bowl.
Place the egg white it one bowl and the flakes on a plate next to it. Dip each chicken strip in the egg whites and then in the crumbs. Make sure they are well coated.
I spray my baking sheet with canola and then spritz the top of the chicken strips too. This makes it a little extra crispy and helps brown.
In a small bowl mix the orange marmalade, chili sauce and soy sauce.
To kick off 2012 I am giving away a set of Food For Talk by Julianne Smith. This set of conversation starters will give your family ongoing conversation at the dinner table this year.
I will pick a winner Wednesday night. Come back here and see if you are a winner or subscribe to get regular emails. For more low fat recipes check out my other site, Skinny Chick Recipes.
Baked Coconut Chicken with Spicy Orange Sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken strips
- 1/3 cup corn flakes crushed
- 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup panko flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar free orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with canola oil.
- Mix corn flakes, coconut, panko and salt in a bowl. Place on a plate.
- Place egg white in a bowl.
- Dip chicken strips in egg and then in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and spritz with canola oil.
- Bake 14 -16 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with chicken for dipping.