The holidays are here – Cyber Monday craziness has started. I wanted to kick off our holiday cooking with a easy recipe using Pillsbury’s new Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough. I like to make most of cookies from scratch but this cookie dough is really good and I have already thought of many ways to cook up some treats.
These are Peppermint Creme Sandwiches that are rolled in peppermint candies, making them super cute too! They would be cute packaged up for hostess or teacher gifts.
There are some great deals out there today – I found this great new site called Pick Your Plum with a deal everyday. I just discovered How Does She thanks to Rebekah, a creative gal I met at a craft fair. What deals are you finding today?
Well, I am off to shop, um work! Happy Cyber Monday.
In full disclosure, I was not paid to develop this recipe but was sent product by General Mills for another project. My opinions as always, are 100% mine!
- 1 Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tub Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting
- 15 peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Break up cookie dough in mixing bowl fitted with a paddle. Add flour and cocoa to the dough and mix until incorporated.
- Roll out the dough and cut out “ circles. Place a baking sheet lined with a non-stick pad or parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- On half the circles place a heaping teaspoon of frosting on the circle. Top with another circle and press down until the frosting peaks out of the circle.
- Place the crushed peppermint into a bowl. Roll the sandwich into the peppermint candy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g