I promised more pictures of Olivia’s cooking party and here they are. For dessert we made the cutest strawberry shortcakes in a pot. I found these little glass pots at Michael’s and thought the girls would have fun making them.
Here Claire and Olivia mixed the shortcake dough.
Ella rolled out the dough.
Lilly took time out to model for the cameras!
Isabelle working on her dough!
Olivia and Ella checking out the shortcakes right before they go into the oven.
The girls cut off the tops of their strawberries with plastic knives and cut them off. We put one of the shortcakes on the bottom and then layered with whipped cream and strawberries, repeating until we reached the top.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces, and cut butter into dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and pour in the cream. Gently mix the dough together with a wooden spoon or your hands. Don’t overmix!
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll out to 1-inch thick.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and brush tops with heavy cream and sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until starting to brown on the top.
- Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle sugar over. Let them sit for a few minutes, or overnight in the refrigerator.