July 8, 2017
10 am – 1 pm
The Hood Kitchen
It’s summer time and we are baking summer macarons in our latest cooking class at The Hood Kitchen.
Macarons are delicate, brightly colored meringue cookies around a delicious, smooth filling. This special French sandwich cookie is a culinary world favorite, and you can learn professional tips and tricks for creating your own bakery-quality macarons at home.
- Learn professional techniques for coloring your cookies, piping with precision, and even achieving the perfect pied (foot).
- You will learn how to make a fluffy Swiss buttercream and the secrets behind creating a creamy ganache.
We’ll also explore a variety of summer time classics turned macarons and you will learn how to mix and match to create your own tempting variations.
- Smore’s Macarons
- Strawberry Shortcake Macarons
- Orange Creamsicle Macarons
- Vanilla Bean with Lemon Curd
Bring home a box of colorful Summer Macarons to enjoy and share!
Note: this is a 3 hour class
What To Expect: We offer hands-on cooking classes. In our classes you won’t just watch – you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish