Adventures In The Kitchen is seeking professional, charismatic culinary assistants with excellent customer service skills for our events. Our culinary assistants are detail-oriented, anticipate the needs of the guests, and provide a welcoming atmosphere.
A Day In The Life of a Culinary Assistant:
• Set up marketing, beverage, and dining tables.
• Welcome guests upon arrival to the event.
• Oversee guest check in and hand out name tags, aprons, beverages and appetizer.
• Track guest count and communicate with the Lead Chef on final number of guests.
Capture quality images of guests smiling on camera throughout the event.
Prep food for class
Cook appetizer or extra menu items
During competitions work with one team to brainstorm food ideas, demo cooking techniques and be their culinary advisor.
- Assist with items requested during cooking process and clear cooking stations as needed.
- Serve guests in courses; refilling beverages as needed; clearing when all guests at table are finished eating.
- Inform guests of other event types and thank guests for coming at the end of the event.
- Help dishwasher with drying and putting away cooking equipment in proper bins.
- Bus and break down dining tables and beverage stations; collect aprons and remove name tags.
- Place aprons, tablecloths, towels, etc. – in designated laundry bags.
- Help with the final clean up of kitchen, equipment, rentals, and loading out of AIK bins.
You will have:
Some knowledge and love for cooking. Possess an outgoing personality. Be comfortable leading teams through a cooking class.
You will need to be available for at least four events per month and able to secure transportation to events on your own. Events scheduled regularly Monday through Friday and occasionally on weekends.
Must have Food Handlers card as required by state of California.
Adventures In The Kitchen is a culinary team building and cooking party events company.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.